Rocky Horror Monopoly
Share the fun of the Rocky Horror Picture Show with the whole family, with the Rocky Horror Rockopoly game! This game is developed from the Full Body Cast in Cambridge, MA, and a total reworking on the normal monopoly game. Board spaces are scenes, monopolies are character roles, and the board is filled with scenes from the movie.
And seriously, don't play this game with your family unless you like incest! When chance cards become dares and money becomes sexual favors, anything can happen!
Below is my current version of Rocky Horror Monopoly. I'm open to
any suggestions or additions people think of.
Download the files to make your own copy (PDFs in a ZIP archive).
- The Board: (click on the board for a better view-- you may need to zoom in to get the full-size board)
- The Rules: (these are the brief rules; details and optional rules are in the download/purchased version)
- Rocky Monopoly is played like normal Monopoly for any number of players. The bank is called the DIRECTOR; money is called sexual FAVORS; properties are SCENES; houses are SEASONS. WTF? cards are dares. THEATRE BASEMENT cards are taken privately and may be played on any player at any time.
- Any time you pay a FAVOR to another player, you perform the act written on the FAVOR as well as give them the paper. You may trade denominations of FAVORS with the DIRECTOR at any time.
- SEASONS may be purchased when you either have all SCENES of a color or all SCENES labeled with a given character (called PARTS). They cost, around the board, 3 ♥, 4 ♥, 5 ♥, and 6 ♥.
- Clothes may be sold to the DIRECTOR for 8 ♥.
- The Orgy! space is Monopoly's free parking. The Drinking! space is similar to Monopoly's jail: get out by rolling a 1; otherwise, take the number you rolled in drinks.
- Players start with one of each of 8 ♥, 7 ♥, 6 ♥ and two of each of 5 ♥, 4 ♥, 3 ♥, 2 ♥, 1 ♥. Collect an additional 6 ♥ each time you pass GO (or 9 ♥ if you land on it).
- The Favors: (Money) (these are example favors; note, the game is designed so the higher value favors never need to be used)
- 1 ♥: Kiss, Say of Sexy Phrase
- 2 ♥: Get a Drink for, Flatter
- 3 ♥: Neck, Raspberry
- 4 ♥: Hickie, Tease
- 5 ♥: Lap Dance, Back Rub, Car Wash
- 6 ♥: Make Out, Talk Dirty To
- 7 ♥: Fondle/Allow to Fondle through clothing
- 8 ♥: Strip Tease, Act out a Fantasy
- 9 ♥: Fondle/Allow to Fondle without clothing
- 10 ♥: Erotic Massage
- 11 ♥: Masturbate for
- 12 ♥: Masturbate recipient
- 13 ♥: Oral Sex
- 14 ♥: 69, "Full Service"
- 15 ♥: Do a Fantasy Scene
- The Scenes: (Property) (the "rent" for playing in a scene goes up as you buy seasons, from being an understudy/tech to an infamous alum)
- WFT? Cards: (Dares) (these are just a few I've come up with)
- A between-scenes quickie takes too long, and you have to scramble to find your clothes. Lose one article of clothing.
- Cast rehearsals! Kiss every player who has played Brad or Janet.
- You get wasted at a party and you have no idea what you did-- or with whom. Play one turn of Rocky Spin the Bottle: Go into another room with a blindfold on. Have another player spin a bottle to select someone to go in with you and do whatever they want to you.
- Theatre Basement Cards: (again, just a few; remember that these can be played by the owner at a later time and on another player)
- Gossip spreads! Choose a word. That word is now taboo. Anyone who uses it must give a favor to the first person who calls them on it to keep them quiet.
- Preshow you're in falls flat. Lose a scene at random. If that scene has seasons, you may redistribute them as you wish.
- Tease! Use this card unexpectedly when performing some other favor: stop the favor immediately the joint tease-favor is worth an additional 2 ♥